Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Surprise Review!

It's been a few days since my flurry of posts, and I didn't want to do another Luxe Look just yet, so fortunately, I was lounging on my day off, and I got a nice little package in the mail!


From who? Why, Milani cosmetics! I don't have much of a history with Milani, but I did love their Glitzy Glamour Gloss (which I must replace!). So, I open it and lo and behold:


The new HD Advanced Lip Color!

So, what, is it a gloss or a lipstick or something? Well, it's hard to classify; it's creamy, so I can't really call it a gloss, and it's too creamy to really be a lipstick. But, for simplicity's sake, let's just call it a lipstick.

  
And here's a swatch:

So let's check out what they promise with this:

"Milani introduces 3-in-1 lip color that nourishes, hydrates, and delivers a sheer wash of color with clarity and perfect radiant shine. It instantly comforts dry, chapped lips, and provides long-term moisturization."

Well, I first put this on when my lips weren't in tip-top shape, and...it's not as moisturizing as they promise, but I wouldn't just put this on dry lips anyways. So I moisturized my lips with my EOS lip balm, and tried it on again:

Before
After

 It's a really creamy, moisturizing lipstick, so I love how it feels. It's not sticky, nor does it just rub off when you rub your lips together. The color is pretty sheer, shiny, and pearly. It doesn't have much of a taste to distract, and the smell is a yummy watermelon.
As far as lipsticks go, this one is pretty nice, it's worth a try! The price is a bit steep, at a standard $8.99, but I guess that's not a terrible price.

Milani's HD Advanced Lip Color
Price: $8.99

No comments:

Post a Comment