Friday, May 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat Review

I adore just about every nail polish trend, so when the new shatter polish by OPI came out, I HAD to try it! But I'm still in college, so of course, I'm broke now, and I'm a good hour and a half away from my "local" Ulta. However, when I walked into Walgreens yesterday, I was immediately greeted by a huge display showing off the latest nail polish by Sally Hansen:


The new Crackle overcoat! Apparently, these are slated to come out in June, so let's just take this as a birthday present for me from the fashion gods!

These come in eight shades: Antiqued Gold, Snow Blast, Vintage Violet, Fuchsia Shock, Distressed Denim, Cherry Smash, Ink Splatter, and Fractured Foil. Being the cheapskate I am, I bought the Ink Splatter, which is a deep black.

So while I was there, I also picked up some Wet n' Wild polish, since I just needed a cheap hot pink (which is lovely, btw) and clear polish.


So here's everything I used!

I prepped my nails with the usual; pushing cuticle back, filing, buffing, etc., so here's my nails without the Crackle overcoat and just the hot pink polish.


Please excuse the sloppiness, I didn't want to clean it up until I apply the Crackle. So, now I apply the overcoat, but let me say that this was a difficult polish! It would become gummy while applying since it dried so quickly, so there's virtually no way to get a clean application on your first attempt. Aside from that, let's see the results:

Looks pretty good! It did a pretty decent shattered effect, can't really complain. It's a bit rough, texture wise, since it's hard to get even application, but you can't beat the price and it is a fun polish!

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat
Price: $7.00 (approx)

No comments:

Post a Comment